What's new

WiFi Issues

cvc988

So I have connected standby turned off (for XTU reasons) and have all the latest updates. It seems that when I'm on battery (doesn't happen when plugged in) and the device sleeps, I lose WiFi when I wake it back up. Specifically, as soon as it comes back on, it says "Connected" but quickly switches to "Limited Connectivity". This is quickly fixed by turning WiFi off and on.

Any ideas?

leeshor

I have seen a lot of reports on this issue and don't remember the specific solution if there was one, but I suggest trying fixed IP/Gateway and DNS settings to see if that makes a difference. You may also want to disable IPv6.

I think some people suggested rolling back the WiFi driver.

Someone else will surely chime in.

OP
C

cvc988

Thanks - I'm not sure that static IP is a good solution because I travel. Any idea why this only occurs on battery? Could it be the "maximum power saving" value in my power profile? That is the only thing different with regard to networking I think.

leeshor

The reason for my suggestion is that I don't see you tried anywhere other than your home base. It's only a test. ;)

ctitanic

Thanks - I'm not sure that static IP is a good solution because I travel. Any idea why this only occurs on battery? Could it be the "maximum power saving" value in my power profile? That is the only thing different with regard to networking I think.
Microsoft still working in a solution for this issue. In order to save battery the Wifi power is cut down and that's causing issues.

raqball

Any update on this as I appear to have a similar issue as well.

WiFi disconnects on wake and the only way to get it connected is to reboot.

Should I roll the driver back?

Thanks

mitchellvii

So far on my i3 ive had no wifi issues other than a slight slowdown in download speeds when on battery power. Have also not had any bluetooth disconnects,

ctitanic

Any update on this as I appear to have a similar issue as well.

WiFi disconnects on wake and the only way to get it connected is to reboot.

Should I roll the driver back?

Thanks
What router are you using and what's the configuration ?

dual band? Same SSID in both bands? Fixed channels or Auto?

raqball

It's whatever comes with AT&T U-Verse.

Everything else I have stays connected with no issues. 2 cell phones, a PC on wireless, a Roku ect. Only the Surface Pro disconnects. When it happens on the Surface Pro the WiFi icon changes to what looks like a computer icon with an X.

The only way to reconnect is to reboot the Surface Pro.

Sorry I can't be of more help with the router but I don't think its the issue since everything else has a rock solid connection to it.

ctitanic

It's whatever comes with AT&T U-Verse.

Everything else I have stays connected with no issues. 2 cell phones, a PC on wireless, a Roku ect. Only the Surface Pro disconnects. When it happens on the Surface Pro the WiFi icon changes to what looks like a computer icon with an X.

The only way to reconnect is to reboot the Surface Pro.

Sorry I can't be of more help with the router but I don't think its the issue since everything else has a rock solid connection to it.
Even when everything else connects, I know for fact that few changes in the roofer configuration may improve the connectivity with the SP3 while MS works in this issue. The ETA on this fix is September 9th. But nothing is for sure, this would be the 3rd time Microsoft tries to fix it.

malberttoo

Even when everything else connects, I know for fact that few changes in the roofer configuration may improve the connectivity with the SP3 while MS works in this issue. The ETA on this fix is September 9th. But nothing is for sure, this would be the 3rd time Microsoft tries to fix it.

Every fix that they release seems to incrementally resolve more and more people's issues. So at least they are definitely chipping away at it.

ivan99

Anyone having an issue with SP3 and the Comcast Xfinity Routers below?
Wireless Gateway 1
(Model numbers TG852G, TG862G, SMCD3DNV, TC8305C) or Wireless Gateway 2 (Model number DPC3939).
802.11n
Please chime in.