What's new

Wifi on Battery

CrippsCorner

I'm having wi-fi issues both with battery or connected to power. Just got off the phone with MS Support and the tech told me they are aware that there are wi-fi "issues". She put me on hold for a while and came back and told me a fix was in the works.

With the SP3 sitting next to my Macbook Air, the download/upload speeds over wireless are half the Macbook speeds. The Macbook has full bars and the SP3 has 3 bars. So there is an issue.
We did the wi-fi driver uninstall then reboot. That seemed to help a little.

She did tell me I have 45 days to return the SP3. Would rather not as I do like the form factor.

I really hope this is nothing to do with 2.4GHz/5GHz... surely they've changed the chip round this time?

EMINENT

I'm having wi-fi issues both with battery or connected to power. Just got off the phone with MS Support and the tech told me they are aware that there are wi-fi "issues". She put me on hold for a while and came back and told me a fix was in the works.

With the SP3 sitting next to my Macbook Air, the download/upload speeds over wireless are half the Macbook speeds. The Macbook has full bars and the SP3 has 3 bars. So there is an issue.
We did the wi-fi driver uninstall then reboot. That seemed to help a little.

She did tell me I have 45 days to return the SP3. Would rather not as I do like the form factor.

What is the speed you get from your isp and the speed you get on the SP3? Have you tried multiple tests and made sure nothing else is streaming/downloading on any other machine?