What's new

Will CORTANA ever come to Surface?

Feoen

I have to say that the *only* thing I am missing on this tablet compared to my smartphone is voice recognition. I love being able to just say "OK Google" and set a reminder on my phone without having to touch a thing.

From what I've read, Cortana on Windows Phone 8 is supposed to be great... Which surprises me that she isn't on Surface! Surface is already the best multi-tool tablet on the market, and it'd be even more incredible with voice recognition.

Has there been any news about adding Cortana to Surface?

MDS

Microsoft has stated Cortana will be coming to Windows PC, which would then include Surface. Appears they may also role it out to Android and Apple OS. After all, Cortana is an App. I've got Windows Phone 8.1 preview on my Nokia phone and have to say I use Cortana everyday. Of course you know most of the past versions, to include Windows 8, have always had voice recognition for entering commands. It's a feature you have to turn on.

Seneleron

I can tell you from experience, Cortana is *AMAZING*! Having that experience on the SP3 would probably give me a nerdgasm ;)

kundas1

nerdgasm...really? LOL

Attachments

• funny nerdgasm.jpg
    funny nerdgasm.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 675