What's new

Win 8.1 overview

nicholas1983

Has anyone in the UK been able to install 8.1 for a Surface RT? I know there is an issue with the language packs with the Pro version, but I haven't been able to find any information on RT.

OP
tonyz3

tonyz3

Has anyone in the UK been able to install 8.1 for a Surface RT? I know there is an issue with the language packs with the Pro version, but I haven't been able to find any information on RT.
I believe the 8.1 update is stuck in customs after crossing the pond.:wink:

mitchellvii

Modern IE 11 loads pretty complex pages so fast I pretty much have to believe it is automatically caching any pages you frequently visit the moment it opens. For instance, I just opened CNET for the first time today and it opened instantly. I mean, that webpage has tons of graphics so it much be cached.

OP
tonyz3

tonyz3

You are such an MS fanboi.... are you sure you dont work for them. where did i hear that before.:LOL:

nicholas1983

Gone are the Libraries

Really? Don't think I read that in any preview articles. Thinking about it I only use them to access music and videos on an SD card and if I remember rightly 8.1 will allow content on SD cards to be available without the work around. I hope it isn't the same on Pro, I use them quite a bit.

Does the 50:50 split work well?

ArnoldC

Modern apps freak out in 50% snapped mode. Looks like they have no idea how to react in that mode. Fotor, Fhotoroom, don't know what to do in that mode, they try to remain in old snapped mode.

ArnoldC

Example is when I have PhotoShop Express and Fotor in 50/50. In PhotoShop, I select open. It will push Fotor to the side, and be in snapped mode. I open a file from the file chooser, and bring Fotor back to 50%. Now PhotoShop is screwed.

My golly, blessing in disguise my RT can't be upgraded, otherwise I'd be cursing.

pallentx

I haven't had any problems yet with apps freaking out in 50/50 view, but its still early. I don't use either of the apps you mentioned. Browser, people, twitter and mail seem to do fine.

ArnoldC

That Libraries you mentioned is just a pointer to the Documents, Music, Pictures, and Videos folder under This PC.

There is no more Manage Libraries.