What's new

Win Store - This version of Windows is no longer supported.

Samus4145

My Surface RT updated yesterday, 8.1, and now the Win Store app says "This version of Windows is no longer supported by Windows Store."

Did Microsoft just kill anyone that has an RT?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Run Windows Update it should fix it...RT 8.1 is supported as follows -

Windows RT 8.1
Mainstream Support - 1/9/2018
Extended Support - 1/10/2023

OP
S

Samus4145

Run Windows Update it should fix it...RT 8.1 is supported as follows -

Windows RT 8.1
Mainstream Support - 1/9/2018
Extended Support - 1/10/2023

This was after the latest Windows Update ran. No more updates are found.

I have also tried to clear the store cache with wsreset.exe, but that simply launches the store app and provides the same error message.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
This was after the latest Windows Update ran. No more updates are found.

I have also tried to clear the store cache with wsreset.exe, but that simply launches the store app and provides the same error message.
Look for KB2887595 and uninstall it and then you'll want to block it from reinstalling...

MrDinovelvet

Look for KB2887595 and uninstall it and then you'll want to block it from reinstalling...
I have the same problem. I have just bought a second hand surface 2 that had been factory reset. I've done all the windows updates and search and find this update but don't get the option to remove it. I guess I need to remove another update that used kb2887595 first?

SCscoutguy

I am having the exact same problem. I just upgraded a surface RT from Windows 8 RT to 8.1 RT and now the store wont work at all. It just bring up the message that it will not work with this version of windows and I need to upgrade. I did the wsreset.exe and that just brings up the same exact message again. I looked all through my windows updates and I can not find the KB2887595 update anywhere?

Sri.silumula

same issue happened on my lumia 2520RT on 16 august. i was resetting my RT device and after reset it says This version of windows no longer support by store get the newst version.
Tried everything but nothing solved this issue. uninstalled KB2887595 but didn't work out. did microsoft give up on RT users?

Sri.silumula

I am having the exact same problem. I just upgraded a surface RT from Windows 8 RT to 8.1 RT and now the store wont work at all. It just bring up the message that it will not work with this version of windows and I need to upgrade. I did the wsreset.exe and that just brings up the same exact message again. I looked all through my windows updates and I can not find the KB2887595 update anywhere?
Goto control panel >uninstall a program> Top left corner VIEW INSTALLED UPDATES then you'll see updated programs scroll down to bottom you'll find kb2887595 and you can select and uninstall...i did uninstall this but not worked. may be microsoft should solve this issue by giving new update.

SCscoutguy

Goto control panel >uninstall a program> Top left corner VIEW INSTALLED UPDATES then you'll see updated programs scroll down to bottom you'll find kb2887595 and you can select and uninstall...i did uninstall this but not worked. may be microsoft should solve this issue by giving new update.
My problem is update KB2887595 is not listed. The lowest number my updates go is KB2975061. This Surface had not been turned on since 2014 so I got it and turned it on and did the windows update fix to it and it then installed over 400 updates but KB2887595 is not one of them.

Sri.silumula

My problem is update KB2887595 is not listed. The lowest number my updates go is KB2975061. This Surface had not been turned on since 2014 so I got it and turned it on and did the windows update fix to it and it then installed over 400 updates but KB2887595 is not one of them.

Linda1x4x3

I have the same issue. I tried refresh. I tried clearing store cache. I tried reset. I restored to factory settings. Still nothing. The store will not open. I looked for 7595 update and it was not listed either.

SCscoutguy

I wonder if I downloaded KB2887595 and installed it manually and then uninstalled it if it would possibly do anything?