What's new

Windows 10.0 (10240) and 10.0 (10586) bug fixes ?

ITSupport

Hi All,

I've just got some complaints from my users regarding the below issue the top#3 most annoying problem in Windows 10:
  1. When you dock in, you cannot see the log in screen user name and password for Surface Pro 4
  2. The surface doesn’t go into sleep mode properly went you close the cover keyboard, then super hot.
  3. The surface won’t wake up or turn on after the surface went into sleep mode.

From what I can see, some people runs the Windows Update manually to the latest version 10586 and the majority are still on 10240.

Are those problem fixed in the latest build ? If yes, what is the latest build number and how to get them ?

Thanks in advance.

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

I can't answer your #1. I don't have a dock, but I'm sure several other will weigh in.

On #2 there are posts all over the forum regarding sleep issues. Microsoft is working with Intel on that issue as it appears there are problems with the Skylake CPU properly handling sleep mode. It can be corrected by turning off connected standby.

On your #3, you say "my users" and your user name is ITSupport. I assume you are supporting those users but it seems their setups are far different from each other. I don't have any Windows 10 Surface owners still on 10240 and the default setup would have had those updated by now as that was the initial release. My suggestion is that you check for updates on all of those systems still on the first release to find out why.

OP
ITSupport

ITSupport

Yes Leeshore,

I am the IT Support man in the company.
for some reason I don't know why most of the Windows 10 I rolled out is still on 10240. I guess I will have to force update it using my WSUS.

Do you think is it safe to perform upgrade for all 10240 to the latest 10586 companywide on normal PC/Laptop or even on Surface hardware ?

leeshor

All the Surface Pros I support are on the most recent "normal" version, meanaing they are not in the Insider program so yes, I would do an update check as there are quite a few fixes in later versions and the next one should have fixes related to the sleep issues as well. At least we can all hope.