Windows 10 Adoption is Surging and Obliterating Windows 8 and 8.1 in the Process

Discussion in 'Surface Forum Site News' started by dgstorm, Aug 12, 2015.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

Not that this should come as a surprise, but Windows 10 is growing by leaps and bounds, and it is doing so primarily at the expense of Windows 8 and 8.1. According to the latest statistics, Windows 10 already accounts for over 3.5% of desktop operating systems in just a couple of weeks.

Windows 8 and 8.1 were the most reviled of all Microsoft OS (despite their being a few fans out there). It's because of this that Windows 10 is replacing those versions of Windows at a faster pace than any of the others. Here's a quote with a few more details from the analysis,

Sound off and let us know what you think. Here's our dedicated Windows 10 forum for further discussion: http://www.surfaceforums.net/forums/windows-10-forum.62/

Source: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08/09/windows_10_climbs_to_355_per_cent_market_share_win_81_dips/

cereal killer likes this.
  2. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

My name is CK and I am a Windows 10 fanatic! :)

Love the OS

3. CDG

CDG Member

My Device:
    Surface 3 (Atom)
    I was one of the "few fans" of 8/8.1. I upgraded to 10 last Friday and loving it so far in spite of the unfinished nature in the tablet mode. :)

4. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    I've had it on 3 systems in my office since the Preview started. I do like it, a lot. Never cared much for 8/8.1

5. Dunwa

Dunwa New Member

I'd love to get that desktop wallpaper, but it looks to have never been released, image search on Google & bing strikes out.