What's new

Solved Windows 10 AWESOME Update 9932/9933 -- Error -- Fixed

Russ

I updated to Build 9926 the other day, then, this morning, I was offered an update to AWESOME 9932 (sometimes it is 9933), but it would not install.

I checked around and find that this is a mistake. That upgrade was intended only for a "small circle of affiliates," and the 9926 build has a branching error that causes it to show up to all Insiders.

Imagine my disappointment. It has been quiet back here in the woods, and nothing really awesome has happened all week.

Oh, well, . . . . . .

Take care,
Russ

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I updated to Build 9926 the other day, then, this morning, I was offered an update to AWESOME 9932 (sometimes it is 9933), but it would not install.

I checked around and find that this is a mistake. That upgrade was intended only for a "small circle of affiliates," and the 9926 build has a branching error that causes it to show up to all Insiders.

Imagine my disappointment. It has been quiet back here in the woods, and nothing really awesome has happened all week.

Oh, well, . . . . . .

Take care,
Russ
The Realibility Update from a couple of days ago had a bug that exposed the Internal MS Deployment Branch (for FTE Dogfooders) so outside of MS the build is not available.

OP
Russ

Russ

The Realibility Update from a couple of days ago had a bug . . ..

Thanks, Jeff. Just FYI, it blocks a preceding update from installing, but, at the moment, it is only a Windows Defender definition update, so no big deal.

Take care,
Russ

OP
Russ

Russ

A fix for this was posted on the Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3 thread.

Thanks, Scotty. That worked.

I made the RegEdit, then searched for updates. Picked up two updates, and the Awesome Error 9933 did not reappear. One of the updates (Nvidia) required a Reboot, so rebooted and all is Ok.

To save a step, here is the direct link to the fix: http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/fixing-error-0x80246017-windows-10-build-9926

It is a Registry Edit, so if you're not comfortable with Registry Edits, you might want to wait for MS to fix it. Even if you are, I suggest you create a Restore Point before making the edit.

You may want to consider doing it, because that error blocks the installation of other updates.

Regards,
Russ

Last edited: