What's new

Windows 10: Battery Icon Missing

Redguard

I'm sure others have asked this but I don't see the thread.

How the heck do I get my Surface to show what my battery level is in Windows 10? I only see it on the lock screen but I want to be able to see it all the time in my system tray.

Help

knightron

This probably isn't going to be helpful, but i noticed the same thing with mine. I've switched from tablet mode to desktop mode a few times now and rebooted a few times and the battery icon now exists permanently in the panel. Try screwing around with those things like that, that restart services ect.

Not helping your original problem, but may be related -- I've noticed a problem where the entire screen turns to a darker transparent background with the battery level information partially displayed in the top left corner. As if the small pop up window that should display the battery info in the bottom right corner is expanded to fill the entire screen and was positioned somewhere partially off the screen in the top left corner. Its has happened to me a few times now when clicking the battery icon. Usually, during boot up time.