What's new

Windows 10 Calculator & Command Prompt - LOL

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
What am I missing? The inbuilt calculator seems absolute fine to me. I don't get it.

The issue tis that manu apps are definitely not optimized for full screen use. tablet mode has a hard on about everything being full screen, when it doesn't need to be the case. It looks silly, and is a completely inefficient use of space
Screenshot (13).png

Cyb3rDud3

roflmao is that it? I thought there was a huge issue. Surely if you want windowed applications you go to the desktop mode?? I guess I'm really missing the point. To me it make sense to have full sized apps in tablet mode. It's easy to copy and paste and switch between them.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
roflmao is that it? I thought there was a huge issue. Surely if you want windowed applications you go to the desktop mode?? I guess I'm really missing the point. To me it make sense to have full sized apps in tablet mode. It's easy to copy and paste and switch between them.
Windows 10 was supposed to give us Windowed apps like on a SAMSUNG tablet, maybe later, go figure Windows can't do Windowing.

Calculator looks like the first program ever of a nine year old. However, if they were going for vacuous they achieved it, what a glorious failure. Take something ugly and call it chic... take nothing and call it cool... not unlike like the term condominium from the Latin condu meaning: conned you; and mennium meaning: many; Conned many.

Android is roundly criticized for having Phone Apps that don't scale or adapt to tablet mode. Why the hell would Microsoft copy THAT?

Hilarious, that Goog now calls itself Alphabet, masterful con artists.

Last edited:

Cyb3rDud3

Well I for one am glad that the tablet mode doesn't mimic a desktop. I mean if you want windowed apps just leave it in desktop mode. Problem solved.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
What's really cool this about the calculator is how many different calculators it really has built into the App. The real estate of the app is not wasted once you start utilizing its functionality.

Cyb3rDud3

What's really cool this about the calculator is how many different calculators it really has built into the App. The real estate of the app is not wasted once you start utilizing its functionality.
I didn't realise how many calculators in one it is. I also like the paper roll view and scientific modes.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Of all my many calculators, I keep coming back to DreamCalc. Reverse Polish Notation (RPN) or Algebraic.

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 8.04.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 7.49.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 7.50.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 7.52.14 PM.png