What's new

Windows 10 download

seyclone

I upgraded my SP3 I5 4gig 128g yesterday. It was a total non-event. The upgrade went smoothly and about 45 minutes after it began, it was running Win-10. Thanks to all of the folks on the Surface forum that spent many hours trouble-shooting the preview edition(s) for the time and effort they put into the project.
Edge is a little disappointing - it doesn't utilize all of the hand/finger gestures that Chrome allows. Other than that all is good.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
When things go bad, it's a "disaster".
When things go swimmingly well, it's a "non event".

Thanks for thanking the people on this forum. :)

bluegrass

I was one that had been working with W10 preview up until about a month ago when I needed to move back to W8.1. So I was waiting on the icon to show up in the task tray to upgrade to 10. When it didn't come in I decided to do a little investigating and found that Microsoft had opened the gate to do a direct upgrade from a link on Microsoft's site.

I had the same great experience in going from 8.1 to W10. It took about 45 minutes or so. I am really impressed with the job they have done with the final release of W10. I was looking at it as what one of my users would experience moving from W7 to W10 and frankly, I don't think there is any reason to have a big concern for users to have problems coming to work some day and their computer was upgraded from W7 to W10. My only gotcha was a problem with Dolby driver on a spare Lenovo laptop that I upgraded from 7 to 10 at the same time I did my Surface Pro 3. I also noticed on my Surface I had that fancy Intel control panel now that I never had before. Anyway, I thought I'd let everyone know from my perspective, I don't think MS will have too much bad feedback from peoples experiences with upgrading from either W7 or W8.1 to W10.