What's new

Windows 10 for the Elderly - Easy Button

felix123

So is Microsoft actively looking at this or are we just wistfully agreeing it would be a grand thing?
My 88 year old father who was a very smart man in his day, is struggling nowadays with any sort of change. Being able to read email and do online banking is critical to him being able to feel he is still in control and independent, but he (and we!) would really benefit from him having a simplified OS. He gets stressed very easily if something has moved or changed (first reaction - 'Its not working anymore!'). Apart from the suggestions proffered in this forum, it would also be brilliant to make this elderly version safer (my father got one of those ' your computer has a virus' spams and panicked and signed up as prompted for software he doesnt need!).
I looked at ELDY but it seems a bit rigid in what it offers, not very configurable.
If Microsoft isnt interested in supporting its aging consumer base, are there any bright sparks out there who are interested in creating a desktop shell for the not so mentally agile? Please?