What's new

Windows 10. Love it or hate it?

cereal killer

So now that we all got to spend some time on it what are your thoughts? What would you like to see as far as features? Any bugs that you've noticed (beside store sign in, which was solved)? Love it? Hate it? Don't have any feelings one way or another?

Lets discuss the pro's and cons, likes and dislikes!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also like the very real possibility that in the not so distant future a point 1 release will be out and we will all be running Win 10 10. :)

Kris

Ok I'll start it off ...
I like that it's not named Windows 9.
I like that it's not named Windows X. Was not really a fan of Windows 8, other than the fact it seemed to run faster than 7(maybe that was just me). Windows 8 was a horrible desktop experiment gone wrong. 10 allows for a great desktop, ok a good, experience and a decent tablet experience. I myself prefer to leave 10 in desktop mode. I needed a tablet that was larger and could do everything android could not. I am so happy with what 10 can do I am now looking for a 8 inch Windows tablet. Windows 10 is not perfect but no OS is, especially being less than a month old. Windows 8 did not work for me neither did android, 7 was aging. 10 took good features from 8 and android and integrated them with Windows 7. Yes I wish we had something that was totally new and revitalized our views and use of PCs/tablets but for now this is what we get.

leeshor

I kinda like it on the desktop just fine. But there is exactly the problem. I have upgraded 10 systems. My customers have done a few more on their own with some that didn't go all that well. In fact one upgraded without saying a word until he ran into big trouble. He's so upset he's going to do a scratch (re) install of 7 Pro. Knowing this particular customer and his computing habits I'm pretty sure it was a problem of his own making. And he forgot to keep his last Windows 7 image, sloppy at best.

Most of my other customers seem pretty ambivalent. With nearly 600 systems I support I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Kris

If they've put "good" android stuff in it no wonder I hate it.
I would say the menu options remind me of Androids, a little too simple and illogical. Glad Control Panel is still around. After using Windows 10 for so long you couldn't pay me to go back to 8.1, for a tablet or a PC. It takes a little bit to learn all the tweaks to get it to work the way you want it to but that's no different from any new OS. Haven't seen any Windows 10 phones, kind of curious about them. If they give you the power to install regular apps and work like my SP3 or even close, I might have to get one.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would say the menu options remind me of Androids, a little too simple and illogical. Glad Control Panel is still around. After using Windows 10 for so long you couldn't pay me to go back to 8.1, for a tablet or a PC. It takes a little bit to learn all the tweaks to get it to work the way you want it to but that's no different from any new OS. Haven't seen any Windows 10 phones, kind of curious about them. If they give you the power to install regular apps and work like my SP3 or even close, I might have to get one.
Regular Apps??? Phones are all ARM based (think Win RT lite), there's not a single Windows Phone that runs X86/X64.

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not yet...
and if there was, ... Rumor had it that Windows Phone/mobile has no "Desktop" therefore it still cant load or run a W32 x86 program. Metro/Windows Store only AFAIK. OR Some Store??? Wherever phones get their apps.

Last edited: