What's new

Windows 10 Mail Crashing.....

Dan0219

Upgraded to 10 without an issue, but tried to set up my office email (Exchange) and it crashes whenever I try to reply or start a new email.

Anyone have similar issues? Solutions?

Thank you in advance

Fopiciusp

Yes, I had the same issue. It took a couple restarts, but I was finally able to add my personal accounts. I still have not been able to add my exchange, the mail app just quits the account add wizard half way in. Same issues with the calendar app.

pjcpjd

Same issue, seems to only occur with exchange. Try to reply or create a new email and the app crashes.

EDIT: I deleted the account, set it up again, and this time reset my screen to require a password upon going sleep - as required by my exchange server. Issue is gone.

Last edited:

Scott Michael

Upgraded my Surface Pro to Windows 10 today--went exceptionally smoothly. One problem I've had is with Windows Mail 10 crashing repeatedly when opening/reading mails from my Outlook.com Exchange ActiveSync account. I haven't been able to detect a pattern as to what exactly I'm doing just before Mail disappears from the screen. Less use, but my Exchange-based work mail hasn't crashed the W10 Mail app as yet.

Scott Michael

For most of the afternoon and this morning yesterday, Mail was behaving--allowing me to read and delete apps, as well as to open links in the Edge browser. This morning, Mail hung every time I tried to reply to an email--not vanishing instantly like yesterday morning's crashes, but graying out and the window title bar indicating "(Not responding)", the OS trying to recover it, then closing Mail down. All this use has been with an Exchange ActiveSync msn/outlook.com account. Fortunately, Outlook 2013 is working fine for both that and my Exchange account from work.

Scott Michael

I had the crash issue in the mail app of Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3 but the crash occurred only when I tried to compose a new email. I researched the webs and found some information on this forum.

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...indows-mail-app-crash?forum=win10itprogeneral

It said that too long signature might cause the problem and reduction of signature length solved my problem. Maybe you check this out.

Hope that will help.

The problems I encountered (upgrade from W8.1 on Surface Pro to W10) and mentioned above were crashes while reading outside mail and in trying to reply to mails in my msn.com/outlook.com account. I have no signature file established in W10 Mail, and the only signature is the default "Sent from my Windows 10 Mail" text. So for me it would seem long signatures have nothing to do with the problems.

rquellet

I'm having the same issues. Mail app crashes immediately after opening it. 'Outlook' account says 'Fix', a screen pops up and also crashes...

challinorroyle

Upgraded to 10 without an issue, but tried to set up my office email (Exchange) and it crashes whenever I try to reply or start a new email.

Anyone have similar issues? Solutions?

Thank you in advance
Yes I have the same problem. Whenever I create new message it freezes