What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarnessTech

I hope I don't jinx it, but with build 10041 it is running cooler and the fan is off!
Ditto, even when running Chrome with lots of extensions installed. It was pretty normal for me in W8 to have 30% or more CPU usage when doing basically nothing. I'm currently enjoying 3%. Amazing.

wynand32

Oh, hey, check it out: mine is now installing 10041 again. Once wasn't enough. It's in the process of downloading the update again, at 15%. It's going to be interesting to see what happens if/when it finishes downloading.

Ah, the joys of being on the bleeding edge. Getting my Win8.1 factory reset USB drive ready.

bmack

Not sure if it's me, but everything seems to launch faster. I really enjoy the way the virtual desktops works now. Also, I can finally get internet explorer to open without crashing!

mitchellvii

I hope in Spartan they employ the swipe to go forward and back. That functionality is pretty much the only reason I still use Chrome. They had it in Metro IE (although it lagged badly) but never in desktop IE. In Chrome there is zero lag. Super convenient in tablet mode.

mitchellvii

I turn the gamma all the way down on my SP3 since I like really black text, but I seem to notice in this build colors look richer and more poppy in general.

Also, just me or is there no longer a battery icon on the taskbar? Battery indicator on popup "Show hidden icons" arrow is invisible.

hoschilo

- Surface App is crashing (tried to apply Surface pen top button to One note desktop version)
- two finger scrolling in IE somehow seems to me different than before (sometimes difficult to scroll slow)

Anybody else noticed the same ?

SteveMac

new build installed on my SP3, upgrading from clean/fresh install. Had a bluescreen (very blue, and no words) after the first re-boot when I tried to fire up outlook.

Powered down ok and after reboot everything seems fine (with the exception of a Lync error on startup, but don't care about that yet).

Attached is a picture of the upgrade window, seems new, but haven't upgraded as part of Windows 10 TP yet. IMG_1695.JPG

m0v1em4n

Hi Guys,
not sure if I am doing this right but when I try to run the command to sort out the mail, people etc. I keep getting an error

I am using a admin command prompt and cut and paste the following

Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

Anyone help

RémiM

yep, you have to launch the Windows PowerShell (not the x86 one) and not the Command Prompt in Admin mode.

I had the error with the Command Prompt and not with the PowerShell.

Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.