Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Tested WiFi performance at home and in a public café. Also tested direct USB to my iPhone, Hotspot to iPhone, and Bluetooth to iPhone. Good performance with every configuration.

Public café.
Screenshot (60).png

USB cable from SP3 to iPhone.
Screenshot (61).png

Bluetooth to iPhone
Screenshot (62).png

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Nice and peaceful.
I haven't been asked if I want Tablet mode even one time since Build 10041 came out.
My SP3 just knows.

Screenshot (68).png

Cask

I agree, this build runs almost smooth as butter in a Surface Pro 3. Haven't had any issue. Steam games work as good or even a little better than in 8.1, runs very cool most of the time without the fan kicking it like crazy, tablet mode switches flawless. While there is not so many new stuff, performance is really night and day compared to 9926.

polbit

I've installed Win 10 on my old SP2 few days ago finally, and have been playing with it non-stop. While it's not 100% polished graphics-wise, I'm really enjoying the improvements.

Which brings me to the big question - is 10041 ready to be used as a daily, non-mission-critical OS on my SP3? Are there any major issues left?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've installed Win 10 on my old SP2 few days ago finally, and have been playing with it non-stop. While it's not 100% polished graphics-wise, I'm really enjoying the improvements.

Which brings me to the big question - is 10041 ready to be used as a daily, non-mission-critical OS on my SP3? Are there any major issues left?
I'm been using it as my daily driver since the first beta. 10041 is much more stable than 9926.

RémiM

Something that drives me nuts: using OneNote, hitting the task bar every 5 minutes with my palm and launching programs. Next step Microsoft, when in tablet mode, no taskbar.

B

B'midbar

Mission-critical on my SP3. My production machine. My work depends upon it.

I'm been using it as my daily driver since the first beta. 10041 is much more stable than 9926.

Right there with @sharpcolorado and @jnjroach, has been my production machine since 9926 and other than losing cursor in the browser from time to time, has been very solid with good performance increases from 9926 to 10041.

Clean the UI up around the edges and I'm good. I don't care all that much about Spartan, Cortana or otherwise. I am very curious to see what the specs will be on the SP4 though, and at what costs.

r0b123

Likewise i'm using recent builds as my main production system. New build is working great at times, other times I'm seeing issues...

- Connecting via Media Connect to Microsoft Wireless Display adapter I get the infamous blue screen.

- When I lock my system for a break, then unlock it, the screen resolution enlarges and does not go back to the last (recommended) resolution.
IMG_20150322_063858.jpg

Cguevara

Hello guys! and thank you for great forum! i just installed latest Preview build and i can say that everything is working perfect! i have just one question about all this preview/beta version, what will going to be after 15 April when Preview period is over? we need to reinstall windows 8.1 and wait till windows 10 official came out ? or we can keep Windows 10 preview and then to make a update to to official stable version?

Status
Not open for further replies.