Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
MORE LIKES:

- Being able to watch Netflix from a window on the desktop, which I size.

- Start Menu remembers where I last was in the scroll through All Apps. When returning to the scroll, I don't need to start at the top. The Start Menu pops up when I press the Windows key, or the hardware Windows logo on my Surface glass.

Screenshot (24).png

Last edited:

sdreamer

How's it like using it as a tablet so far? How would you search the Start Menu when the soft keyboard I assume covers it? I use Search quite a bit to launch and obviously do web searches. Another thing I noticed is you can't organize your start menu into groups or sort by category. Hope they bring that back, think you can do it on the Start Screen still, but not the menu. Also not sure how maximizing a Window counts as full screen these days. Its like the ui design language is going to change.

wditters

Does anybody have the same experience? My upgraded Windows 10 has difficulties seeing the gyroscope. Automatic screen rotation sometimes works, sometimes doesn't ... When it doesn't, any game that uses tilt controls does not work either ..

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
For Apple users: iCloud, iCloud Add-in for Outlook, and Airport Utility work with no problems under the Windows 10 Technical Preview.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Question. When you install W10 does it overwrite the Recovery Partition or make an additional new separate Recovery Partition. If there was an empty partition available would it use that?

I have seen a Dell Computer with 2 Recovery partitions, the Windows one and a Dell Recovery Partition.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
MORE LIKES:

- Easy to customize what appears deliberately or automatically on the Start Menu.

- PowerShell can be set to replace the Command Prompt.

- Start Menu can be set to pop up on the display being used, rather than a "master" monitor.

Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (29).png

rege0039

Reading here makes very tempted to go all in and just VM it as I have been doing. I know from helpful responses that others who are not using a VM that they aren't having some of the issues that I seem to be hitting (finger swipes not working on Modern apps) but I did wonder if anyone using a VM had the same issues. Basically I'm wondering if people are using different s/w from me for their VM ? I'm using Oracle VirtualBox, what are others using ?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Does anybody have the same experience? My upgraded Windows 10 has difficulties seeing the gyroscope. Automatic screen rotation sometimes works, sometimes doesn't ... When it doesn't, any game that uses tilt controls does not work either ..
All of my rotation is working as designed... haven't tried any games. Send feedback on the games....

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Don't expect screen rotation on your Windows 10 Technical Preview yet, since the Continuum portion of Windows 10 has not been added. Rumors are that it will be added Tuesday October 7, 2014.

But mine works every time - check out the tip a few posts, post this one.

Last edited:

wditters

Don't expect screen rotation on your Windows 10 Technical Preview yet, since the Continuum portion of Windows 10 has not been added. Rumors are that it will be added Tuesday October 7, 2014.

I can understand how screen rotation would be a prerequisite for Continuum, but I cannot understand how it would not be supposed to work until Continuum if already it works at least half the time.. something else may be wrong here, specifically tied to the fact that my W10 install is an upgrade from W8.1

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
... I cannot understand how it would not be supposed to work until Continuum if already it works at least half the time..

Good thought, wditters.

Rotation works every time for me, but I wonder if it is because I went to the Screen Resolution dialog, toggled off the option "Allow the screen to auto-rotate", Apply, then toggled it back on, and Apply again. Try that.

Screenshot (30).png

Status
Not open for further replies.