Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, pseudo-3D effects should be used for temporary 'floating' objects, for which 3D makes sense, like pop-up menus for the pen, or spell-checking, or something requiring immediate attention. By placing shadowing and 3D effects on everything, it is LIKE TYPING IN ALL CAPS. IT BECOMES DIFFICULT TO RECOGNIZE WHAT IS IMPORTANT. ALL BECOMES NOISE. :D

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, pseudo-3D effects should be used for temporary 'floating' objects, for which 3D makes sense, like pop-up menus for the pen, or spell-checking, or something requiring immediate attention. By placing shadowing and 3D effects on everything, it is LIKE TYPING IN ALL CAPS. IT BECOMES DIFFICULT TO RECOGNIZE WHAT IS IMPORTANT. ALL BECOMES NOISE. :D
WHAT!
GETTING MY GREEN SCREEN MONITOR OUT... it's really all you need, should appeal strongly to the minimalists. :D

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Windows 10 Build 9926 is getting kinda old, but not stale. Performance remains nice and solid. I've learned to trust that the programs and apps will not crash, which allows for some of my more creative tasks. Brings lots of value to the Surface Pro 3 platform.

Screenshot (267).png

Screenshot (266).png

B

BChat

Off topic - maybe yes, maybe no:

A 30 year old member of the Windows team was hit, and killed, by a drunk driver this week. This MIGHT have contributed to the delay in releasing another build.

Gary.M

Off topic - maybe yes, maybe no:

A 30 year old member of the Windows team was hit, and killed, by a drunk driver this week. This MIGHT have contributed to the delay in releasing another build.
I read that story a few days ago. Mike Ey was working on Microsoft's HoloLens, their Augmented Reality headset. Very sad. Not involved with Windows 10 from what I read

More info here http://mashable.com/2015/03/04/hololens-designer-hit-and-run/

Status
Not open for further replies.