What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTiceman

Chrome is my main browser.... Didn't see an update yesterday but now I am looking for it

Also wondering only have received a Windows Defender update

I had an update on 5/6 labeled KB3062095 and I believe that is the one being referenced as it came right after mitchellvii indicated it and my performance is much improved, esp in chrome

leonux

Hi,

Im also a happy owner of a i5 128gb, and dispite everything is ok with my system i feel the need to try w10.

I have been following this thread for sometime has a guest eheheh

Do you use dual boot for this, or W10 is your only system and daily driver?

Thank you

cmergel

Anybody running daisy chain monitors to the SP3 dock in W10 (10074).

I am having period black outs like it goes into power saver mode while I am working. Goes out for a few seconds and back on.

I am using 2 Dell U2414H monitors. Mini-DisplayPort from dock to full DisplayPort to monitor. Then full DisplayPort to Mini-DisplayPort to the other monitor.

Mind you I have been in this configuration with my SP3 on W811 for several months without this issue.

I installed software from the monitor. The dell monitor manager and updated to latest driver that prompts to update.

Sigh... . living on the edge of technology....

mitchellvii

One thing I don't get about Project Spartan. Compare Spartan side by side with Chrome and the Spartan font-smoothing is weak at best. Here I am on my super high res screen and fonts are pixelated. How MS? How is this possible you put out your new flagship browser and don't even bother implementing decent font-smoothing?

To see what I mean, open a web page containing Times New Roman font on a Spartan and Chrome window side by side. The difference is obvious. MS did this with Office 365 when it first released. Crap font-smoothing. What the hell does MS have against font-smoothing? The weird part is that for W10 in general, font-smoothing is excellent. It's as if they have disabled it in Spartan on purpose???

I simply do not comprehend MS's approach to presenting their products to the marketplace. Between the boring non-Metro app Start Menu tiles and the Spartan font-smoothing, I honestly wonder what the artistic types at MS do all day. I have a clue for them - try making stuff look pretty, I know it's a crazy idea but it just might work.

Last edited:

Kris

One thing I don't get about Project Spartan. Compare Spartan side by side with Chrome and the Spartan font-smoothing is weak at best. Here I am on my super high res screen and fonts are pixelated. How MS? How is this possible you put out your new flagship browser and don't even bother implementing decent font-smoothing?

To see what I mean, open a web page containing Times New Roman font on a Spartan and Chrome window side by side. The difference is obvious. MS did this with Office 365 when it first released. Crap font-smoothing. What the hell does MS have against font-smoothing? The weird part is that for W10 in general, font-smoothing is excellent. It's as if they have disabled it in Spartan on purpose???

I simply do not comprehend MS's approach to presenting their products to the marketplace. Between the boring non-Metro app Start Menu tiles and the Spartan font-smoothing, I honestly wonder what the artistic types at MS do all day. I have a clue for them - try making stuff look pretty, I know it's a crazy idea but it just might work.
Half ass work, one of the reasons MS has fallen so far behind everyone else... Hate saying that, use to be a huge MS fanboy.

jim365

At least you can open pages in Spartan. As of 10 minutes ago Spartan now tells me "We can't reach this page" on everything. Tired clearing browsing data, but nothing helps..

leonux

Everything ok is boring. We have a need to break things so we can fix them so they can be broken again.

Yep i agree, but you didnt answer my question eheheh do you use dual boot? Or you only have one system installed?

leonux

There's at least three individuals I'm aware of up here using it as their daily driver, myself included, no dual boot. Two individuals dual-booting if my readings of this thread and my memory serve correctly, one of them on a workstation with multiple drives who flips their UEFI at boot (it's a few pages back).
Ok thank you.

I think i will ghost my drive and then install it has a daily driver, if i regret i will ghost back.

VickiFL

Curb appeal, it works!

bluegrass

I didn't hear that MS Edge is finished. I figured they would be updating it quite a bit in the next few months. Isn't the version we have in the W10 preview a pre beta version? Whatever, I'm enjoying using it as my primary browser instead of IE11. Heard so much negative about Chrome on the Surface the last year, I haven't bothered trying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.