What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffr39

I think of that Intel app as more something an OEM would do. Microsoft is usually very barebones. I appreciate that I can still download and install it manually if I choose to use it :)

Dying for a new build. Issues I'm still having: Explorer random restarts, pen button not linking to onenote, random bluetooth disconnects. Those are my "big" 4, there's a few others. Using multidesktop tool, sometimes apps on one desktop will randomly "jump" to the other.

All of these have been affecting me on a DAILY basis while using the OS 9 hours a day at work for live stuff. I don't keep data on my machine so it's all good.

Yeah is there any way to link this button back to OneNote?

Does anyone else have issues with the camera on their SP3?
I rarely use it but I am getting a "Something went wrong" message with error 0x000003EC

lhauser

Don't give up. Restore back to 8.1 and go from there. Never give up!

Oh god, I still have nightmares about himem switches to get the nic stack loaded and leave enough memory to run Lotus 1-2-3. I agree tho. I've got a nice pretty VP title now, and fly a different elevation, but I still get into the trenches with "da boyz" and do raw server work. I'm a geek at heart, but now they pay me for it. :)

Nightmares? Man, I ate that stuff up. There is nothing like trying wring that last byte of available main memory. Yeah, I'm glad we don't have to do it anymore, but it was fun.

Heavens, I am such a nerd...

lhauser

Mine doesn't go to sleep either. The screen goes black, but the backlights are still obviously on (can see a bit of ghosting at each side). No way on God's green Earth that I'd trust this thing in a bag.

Okay, it's official: I'm going back to Win8.1 until a much better build is released. And I'm sticking to it this time.

I know everyone is different, but I almost never leave my SP3 in sleep unless it's plugged in. The thing is so fast to boot from scratch I just turn it off when I'm travelling.

Compusmurf

Latest scuttlebutt. There won't be a build released to insiders today. Reviewing 10136 for potential future insider release. Supposedly 10134 and 10135 were leaked and possibly downloadable. (Unverified) Internally to MS, yesterday they accomplished build 10138.

Correction, they now have an internal build 10139 that's under 24hrs old. lol

Last edited:

wynand32

I know everyone is different, but I almost never leave my SP3 in sleep unless it's plugged in. The thing is so fast to boot from scratch I just turn it off when I'm travelling.

I fix things up so that hibernate works and use that, typically (not trusting much at all in Win10 so far). Note that it's not boot-up time that concerns me, which is indeed fast, it's that I tend to have a good deal of things open/work in progress. Restoring my workspace is what takes time.

Kris

Anyone daring enough to try 10134 leak? private message me for link.
Didn't you say Gabe said it had a massive update bug?

But can't wait for a new update, then again I will probably be trading one set of bugs for another set... Really don't know h0w they are going to make the July 29th deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.