What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynand32

I guess I'm just way too paranoid to install a leaked build. Too easy for someone to inject something nefarious.

MagicPoop

It's only a few hundred MB... sure this is it? The other one was almost 4 GB.... ehheh, that's what I tought!
I can't stand the phantom opening of MUI apps. Why is it when I come back and unlock my system every MS app is open.

For me it's not when unlocking;

using it normally, I close apps when I'm done (X button) ... I have nothing running on my screen right...
Now enable and disable Tablet mode and bam! 10 apps running that I supposedly closed!

GTiceman

It's only a few hundred MB... sure this is it? The other one was almost 4 GB.

For me it's not when unlocking;

using it normally, I close apps when I'm done (X button) ... I have nothing running on my screen right...
Now enable and disable Tablet mode and bam! 10 apps running that I supposedly closed!

Same for me

GTiceman

Do we have a link to the full one? Mitch mentioned last one was the language pack, was that the MEGA link? The GDrive one is down for me.

mitchellvii

Flashed it over 10135 without issue. Weird part is that it didn't write over my Intel Beta Drivers as I still have the HD Control Panel (unless of course MS finally saw the light and is including that).

mitchellvii

Couple weird things:

1) There is a blank space to the right of the file folder on my Taskbar that says "Invalid Value For Registry" if I click on it. Doesn't seem I can delete it but can move it to the end.
2) I'm getting excellent Internet connection speed but Chrome Beta is VERY VERY VERY lagged.
3) Imported Favorites from Chrome in Edge and now they are all in reverse alphabetical order. Weird.
4) Scrolling lag when first loading a new page in Edge seems improved but still worse than Chrome.
5) Animated tiles on Start Menu changed again. Now they do a flip when the Menu is first opened then sort of the sticky slide up and down but it goes from picture to words to picture as opposed to half and half. Better but the sticky slide still annoys me. Also, they need to slow the animation down - too fast.
6) Office apps load crazy fast. Also cheekboxes in Access have much darker boarder.
7) Outlook blazes. I have 8 IMAP Mailboxes and they check super fast. That used to be slow.
8) Photoshop and Flash Professional also very quick.
9) Video streaming, YouTube, Netflix, etch., seems to be buffering very fast.
10) Office automations between Access and Outlook faster.
11) When compacting Access is faster.

** I think the read/write to the SSD has sped up significantly.

Last edited:

Compusmurf

1. Something u had pinned before? I have had that before. Reinstall of the mui app fixed.

2. Chrome beta has been acting up in general for the last few days for me. Not sure it is related.

Status
Not open for further replies.