What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

I'm actually having issues... Can't snyc onedrive and my fan is runing non stop. Stoped messing with it and will check back in the morning/afternoon when I'm more coherent.

Nummer35

I'm running the new Update since 2 days and did run into two issus:
- the mentiond rotation bug
- metro apps might not show up if more than one desktop ist active until I switched throu them

Processor and OneDrive works flawless :)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very very nice !
The question is the UEFI compatibility of their boot loader.

The Corsair I believe is on the list for "Windows to Go" compatibility which is a specific solution with the Enterprise edition of Win8 that allows you to plug in a Win8 USB drive to any device and run assuming you can boot to the USB.

However the right bootloader and an SSD stick sounds appealing.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I am surprised no one else seems to have had any serious problems with the most recent technical preview build 9860. Immediately after it was installed it wouldn't lock onto a wifi network and continually bounced back from one available network to another...

Knuck,
At first,Build 9860 did seem to have WiFi trouble - until I deleted previous profiles (Apple users know this as "forget this network"). It seems that although WiFi connections which used in the previous build were still working, something had changed with the software or adapter driver. Though you have already reverted to the previous build, the solution may be to delete your connection profiles (here's how to do it with a command line, for convenience).

RémiM

The question is the UEFI compatibility of their boot loader.

The Corsair I believe is on the list for "Windows to Go" compatibility which is a specific solution with the Enterprise edition of Win8 that allows you to plug in a Win8 USB drive to any device and run assuming you can boot to the USB.

However the right bootloader and an SSD stick sounds appealing.

Nothing to add sir ;)

golosin2

I don't know if this has been discussed but, I would like to ask something I would love to have in W10.

If I am in the desktop, using the cover trackpad or with the bt mouse, and I click on the start button ON THE SCREEN, I would like to see start MENU and open desktop apps.

If I push the PHYSICAL BUTTON on the bezel (this means that I am using it as a tablet), I would love to see start SCREEN and open MUI apps directly.

Is this happening?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
If I am in the desktop, using the cover trackpad or with the bt mouse, and I click on the start button ON THE SCREEN, I would like to see start MENU and open desktop apps.

If I push the PHYSICAL BUTTON on the bezel (this means that I am using it as a tablet), I would love to see start SCREEN and open MUI apps directly...

Good idea, golosin2. I just sent that in.
If Microsoft does not go this way, then there is always Stardock's Start8 (new Beta version is adding more functionality, too). Start8 currently does this, but if you use it, you lose the Windows 10 Start Menu, which has the new tile functionality.

Telstar1948

Thanks for the heads up on this. I just ordered a 256 gig USB SSD but it won't have the features that this has for a portable OS. I'm definitely going to get one. I'm just not sure how t make the preview iso boot from this drive. I'll figure it out though.

Done. I ordered the 240 gig. If for some reason I can't get 10 to boot from it, it will still be a hell of a fast USB SSD.

Let us know if it works!

razy60

Just tried to update to the next build but update says its not possible as i'm running on a VHD, although as I have not had any issues yet not that unhappy

Status
Not open for further replies.