What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynand32

I tried a clean install to a new partition on my SP3, and Windows 10 installed without a number of drivers--including the WiFi driver, so no Microsoft account and no way to connect to update drivers if available.

Has anyone managed a clean install on a new partition and had all drivers installed and everything working?

Ms.Dos

Re: Full screen apps

No, unfortunately. Full screen metro is gone - but probably just for the time being because all the new tablet bits (Continuum) have yet to be added. MS is concentrating on showing off the desktop experience at this point.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
In my opinion if you have the keyboard attached, and you press the button or the start menu, it should be delivered to you windows traditional + metro extension.
But if you walk around just in "tablet mode" (keyboard detached) and you press the start, you should go to metro style.

In my opinion that would be more adaptive, then dropping a checkbox for you to choose.

Thoughts?

John2k14,
That is precisely the way it will work. This Preview makes you do it manually, because "Continuum" is not included yet (coming very soon). Switching will be automatic, but can be overridden by the user.

Last edited:

mcsenerd

SUCCESS:
For the first time, my corporate Outlook Exchange account Calendar is synced with all my other calendars. I'm able to use the independent "Metro" or "Modern" style calendar apps to see all my events.

FAIL:
Cisco VPN AnyConnect. Older Cisco clients are fine.

What version of AnyConnect?

kaaduan

right clicking the menu bar -> properties, start menu <tab> use the start menu in stead of start screen, unclicked means hitting start gives you the Windows 8 interface, clicked means it all goes away and you get the start screen.

This is the only way i have found to make the "modern UI" stay.

mcsenerd

(VPN not yet working in Windows 10)
Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
Version 3.1.04063

Hmmm... 3.1.05182 is the latest release I believe and they fixed quite a few SP3 specific bugs between your version and then. I'd try to get a hold of it and give it a try... Who knows...might work.

mcsenerd

Oh well. I haven't tried to load it on my SP2 so I wouldn't know if it's buggy or not (what version of AnyConnect isn't "buggy" by the way). Hope it's not dinging you too bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.