What's new

Windows 10 RT Device Support

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
There has been some speculation that Windows 10 RT will run on both ARM and Intel devices. I'm exploring options for a device to run Win 10 RT on. The obvious choice is Surface 2 or Surface RT but what Intel devices will it run on and just as important, what other ARM devices will Win 10 RT run on officially or unofficially.

Would an Intel Windows 8/8.1 tablet or older Win7 Tab work?

How about Android tablets?

I have a couple Android devices I could press into service for this effort IF they will work OR I might pickup a testing device if the price is right.

My Surface 2 gets used a lot so I don't want to mess with that out of the gate and I'm skeptical of using the Tegra 3 SRT as sluggish performance would skew results and would not really give me an accurate picture.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Off Topic: what's with the Browser Hijacking on this site lately... randomly end up completely redirected to AD sites. Anyone else notice or think they accidentally touched an ad?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not seeing any redirection to Ad sites....

As far as the Mobile SKU, the rumor is any SST/Phone will get the Mobile SKU (Intel or ARM) and all ARM Devices. Windows 8.x and later use secure boot on all ATOM and ARM Devices, so the likelihood of installing on a non-Windows Device is nil unless someone cracks the Secure Boot Keys.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Next time I'll try to remember to grab the site domain. I poked around on the pages and don't get sent to ad sites normally. I have hosts file solution so Ii don't generally see ADs and I poked those empty spaces on the pages as well... nothing.

Secure boot keys slow you down a little... :)