What's new

WINDOWS 10

psnative

Wow, things have changed! Well for one thing, how do you change the default keyboard? Mine defaults to pen.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, things have changed! Well for one thing, how do you change the default keyboard? Mine defaults to pen.
Use you finger instead of your Pen and you should get the keyboard otherwise on the lower right corner there is an icon to change the keyboard layout....

OP
psnative

psnative

Use you finger instead of your Pen and you should get the keyboard otherwise on the lower right corner there is an icon to change the keyboard layout....

doesn't work all the time, maybe only in tablet mode...don't see that icon to change the keyboard layout

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
doesn't work all the time, maybe only in tablet mode...don't see that icon to change the keyboard layout

Bottom right of the keyboard. Big button that has a keyboard on it. Hit that and you get to choose what you want to use.

OP
psnative

psnative

Bottom right of the keyboard. Big button that has a keyboard on it. Hit that and you get to choose what you want to use.
what i meant was...that I wanted it to pop up automatically like it did before & be the type of keyboard I use all the time. When I touched the search bar in google before, the proper screen popped up, now I have to touch that icon to get a screen & then have to pick a screen b/c it defaults to "pen"

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
And I have never managed to get the handwriting panel to appear by default any time other than when a text field was highlighted with the pen.

Ordnas

I thought you could tap the track pad with 4 fingers to open action centre? Or at least swipe in from the right?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
And I have never managed to get the handwriting panel to appear by default any time other than when a text field was highlighted with the pen.
I always get the Pen Input Panel if invoke the TIP using the pen...keyboard is default using a finger...