What's new

Windows 7 pro !!!

toaf

is it because they have software that "has to run" and only been tested in win7?, you might be able to talk them into letting you try it with 8 if you can promise them you wont ask them for help. but if you like me (work for a big bank) then the IT wont budge EVER.

OR... if they have a vpn maybe you can just vpn into the network all the time.

i would be there is reasons for your IT department being over zealous. but there might be ways around it

FlySwatter

Wow, I guess BYOD is just a nasty rumor. Certainly a VM can be domain joined and conform to all policies.
BYOD does not exist on our network (on site), but I can't speak for others. Practices vary wildly from company to company, but we are very strict. We do ensure that each and every person gets a computer though; so there is no need for BYOD. When approved, you can use your own computer to connect via VPN with any OS as long as it it Windows 7 or 8 (we do not support XP, or any non-Windows OS). But like I said, every company is different, with their own rules based on what they determine is best practice for them.

Kif

To get back to the topic I'm 99% sure that win 7 isn't an option on the SP3. Even if you could install Windows 7 you would not get support from Microsoft.