What's new

Windows 8.1 spring update BUGS.

S-tension

So far I've encountered jumping battery percentage bug,
delay in charms bar/recent apps opening,
once happened that the onscreen start button didnt function and sliding the cursor to the right side didnt open the charms bar.

kristalsoldier

So far I've encountered jumping battery percentage bug,
delay in charms bar/recent apps opening,
once happened that the onscreen start button didnt function and sliding the cursor to the right side didnt open the charms bar.

Your device? Also, what do you mean by "jumping battery percentage"?

From what I have seen on my Surface 2, I think it - the Update, that is - is harder on battery life but I am still trying to assess that more accurate (well, in a wholly unscientific way and to the extent possible).

mcsenerd

I've got the same battery percentage issue. I chalked it up to just needing another "learning" cycle to get it right, but maybe it is a bug. I'm about to have to rebuild/reinstall anyway because neither I nor Microsoft and their never-ending series of bouncing Tech Support personnel can figure out why I cannot for the life of me install apps on this Surface Pro 2 from the Windows Store. I can break out my old Surface Pro and buy apps no problem with the same exact account...

benjitek

Hmmm -- just a bunch of videos of colored screens -- seems like you're having a lot of system issues :-(

GoodBytes

Last video can't be played with VLC. Please use normal standard video formats. Thanks.
To me the battery indicator just adjust itself as you stop draining the battery from doing some intensive, and just check the battery status. That would be my guess. But I'll pay attention on my side.

Start Screen and charm bar works perfectly fine on my side on both desktop and Surface Pro 2

GoodBytes

it can be played with VLC. I'm doing it.

It's because you have the codec, I don't have the codec.
vlc.png

GoodBytes

Thanks.
For that video, it seams to working on your side. Is there something I need to pay close attention too that I am missing?
If you are talking about the delay, that was implemented on purpose, as it was annoying mouse users before when they want to reach top program menus, closing programs, or minimize desktop button next to the clock.