What's new

Windows 8.1 spring update BUGS.

GoodBytes

People were complaining, and I find it annoying a bit too, that everytime you try to hit File or some tool bar menu item anywhere around at the top left corner of the screen, the App switch was showing. Same for the bottom right corner of the screen for the show desktop button, and when closing a maximized desktop program.

GoodBytes

Ok the click on battery meter icon and the time change.
I see this problem on my side. I don't have my old laptop anymore to see if it happens there as well/
The battery level doesn't mater. It happens at any level.

I think what happens is that when you click on the icon, it does a refresh of the battery status. But for some reason it takes multiple clicks.
But if you waited would have waited it out on the next refresh (which is every while), it would coming at the same point as multiple clicking to force a refresh.

The above is based on my observations. No scientific testing had been done nor comes from any documentation.

Rudy

I'm annoyed several times a day by keyboard invocation of the modern browser. I have the habit of typing [window logo], 'e', 'x', [enter] to bring up the modern browser.

After the upgrade I get the desktop version more often than the modern version. I think the modern version is used after it's recently opened. But it's unpredictable for me. I only slightly prefer the modern browser, but I do like consistent results... Before the upgrade - invocation from the search box would always bring up the modern UI.

It's something I think must be configurable: then after I waste more time looking than I expected, I give up worrying about it again for the day...