What's new

Windows 9....wait, scratch that.....Windows 10!!!

daniielrp

Amen.

The same could've been said about Windows 7 is what Windows Vista should have been. Same goes for Windows XP is what Windows ME should have been... and so on.

Seems that when Microsoft releases a new OS, the next iteration is really what have been released, but due to timelines and pressure, they release it well before they have thought through all the changes and have dealt with the major issues.

I don't agree with the timelines issue - There was a 5 year gap between XP and Vista, and a 3 year gap between 7 and 8 - this should be more than enough time for testing. I think what they needed was PUBLIC trials, massive public trials, which they only get with a full release.

malberttoo

I don't agree with the timelines issue - There was a 5 year gap between XP and Vista, and a 3 year gap between 7 and 8 - this should be more than enough time for testing. I think what they needed was PUBLIC trials, massive public trials, which they only get with a full release.

See that's what gets me. SOME things I can understand, like hardware issues- you have no idea really WHAT the (SP3) wifi is going to do exactly, until you get in the hands of millions of people, connecting to millions of different routers, and see what's broken.

But with the GUI, come on!! This is Microsoft for crying out loud, you'd think that they'd have SOME kind of decent testing system in place that lets them approximate what the public's reaction is going to be to something. But they keep doing these stupid things, over and over and over... HOW in the world did Microsoft finish up Windows 8, and then pat themselves on the back thinking "the public is going to love this"??? I just don't get how they could have NOT seen the backlash coming.

GTiceman

Just installed the Enterprise version on my old X200 convertible tablet. That thing is so old and slow.
Wanted to test before throwing on the SP3, touch works fine for me, apps loaded. I really want to know what the difference is between the regular preview and the Enterprise one. None of the sites detail the feature sets too well.