What's new

Windows button

kozak79

I've had this happen to me. The windows button is part of the digitizer. I received a replacement unit which would register a touch input at the top center of the screen and the windows button would activate on it's own, taking me to start screen and back to desktop randomly. I returned it and the new one works just as it should. I'd get a replacement unit.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is this normal on all SP3s or indeed on any of the Surface devices? I can't say I have experienced this on my previous Surface devices - nor, for that matter, on this one. This seems to be a recent phenomenon!!! It is quite disconcerting, actually. Of course, I could shut down the button using the Surface Hub (which has been updated recently to allow this), but I have got into the habit of using the Windows button to switch between the MUI interface and the desktop.

Quite strange, actually. Do you know why this happens with capacitive buttons?

I can't help you, just wanted to say thanks for the tip about surface hub being updated. I have not once used the windows button and would like to be able to turn it off. Thanks to you, maybe i will be able to now (if win 10 plays ball)

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

I've had this happen to me. The windows button is part of the digitizer. I received a replacement unit which would register a touch input at the top center of the screen and the windows button would activate on it's own, taking me to start screen and back to desktop randomly. I returned it and the new one works just as it should. I'd get a replacement unit.

It's not bad enough to return. It was just a bit disconcerting since it has not happened before and I doubt it will happen when I leave this high humidity environment.