Windows Key and OneNote on Surface RT

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface General Discussion' started by oneniner, Aug 25, 2013.

1. oneniner

oneniner New Member

I use One Note with PCs and take a lot of screenshots with <Windows><S> key combination. But I have not been successful in getting Windows key on the touch keyboard. I have tried the full and split options and can't find anything in settings. Other than connecting the keyboard, is there a way to get the Windows key on the touch keyboard?

No luck with the Office edition shipped with Surface or OneNote downloaded from the Store.

One other question, is there a way to add a screen clip function or Send to OneNote direct from IE in the modern UI?

Thanks
    Tim

Surface RT 8.0
    Type Keyboard

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Administrator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    The Windows button on the front is your Windows Key, for a screen shot its Windows Button and Volume Down at the same time. The Screen Shots are stored in the Pictures Folder under Screen Shots.

3. oneniner

oneniner New Member

Thanks. But I am speaking of a screen clip, not screenshot. With OneNote using the <Windows><S> combination the user defines the area he wishes to capture with the cursor and then pastes to an app. Much like Snapshot in pdf viewers.