What's new

Windows Product Key

fatexl

May I ask how can I check my product key of the Surface Pro 3 ? You probably know Windows 9 preview is coming very soon. I'm installing as soon as it's available to all consumers. But , how am I suppose to install back Windows 8.1 ? I downloaded the official installer from Microsoft's website but when i type in the product key ( My Computer > Properties > Scroll down to the last row ) , it said the product key does not contain any " 0 " letter ( The product key I saw on the My Computer's properties starts with the number " 0 " )

Any Idea anyone ?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you use the recovery partition or recovery drive to reload the original OS it will pull the key from the BIOS automatically.

You can retrieve the key with MagicJellyBean or Ballarc

Seems like there might be a place in your MS account that has it also but I can't remember for sure... or maybe that's only Office Keys.

plop28

hi,

I have surface pro 1 2 and 3 at work. I deploy windows 8.1 on it. For the surface pro 1 and 2, i could enter the original surface key on the new windows deployed and the activation works. But on the SP3, i can't active windows with my key.. i don't know what is different but its' no longer work..

I deploy windows 8.1 update 1 Pro x64