What's new

Windows Store error code 0x80240438

arcanux

I´ve been experiencing this error while attempting to download apps from the store. When the download starts, it stop after a few seconds and states that is a problem from MS end and to wait a few minutes, also giving the error code 0x80240438.

At first i thought it was a MS server problem and eventually it would be fixed but, i´m having this problem over a week now, so it´s likely a local problem.

Any help deeply appreciated.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Try this out:
HowTo - What to do if Store Apps are not downloading | Microsoft Surface Forums

leeshor

One more thing, that I used once on a system having a Store problem. Open up powershell and run this. Be aware it takes some time to do it's work and will install ALL the default apps.

Code:
Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

OP
A

arcanux

Try this out:
HowTo - What to do if Store Apps are not downloading | Microsoft Surface Forums

Did all except the last one (the one involving paying), no luck...

One more thing, that I used once on a system having a Store problem. Open up powershell and run this. Be aware it takes some time to do it's work and will install ALL the default apps.

Code:
Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Already tried that code or a similar one. Last time it broke the store and apps completely :) Had to restore to a previous restore point.

Created a restore point and tried your code... same result, it breaks the store and all apps.

OP
A

arcanux

Didn´t work any of them...

I seldom use the win store so it wont justify doing a refresh but i may try it further on the road if i really need it.

Tks for the help you guys!

Best regards,
Rui Vilarinho