What's new

wireless freezes most controls after standby

brianmay27

I don't know if this is from the wireless or what but it has happened twice since getting my pro on sat. What happens is I'll resume it from standby and it will not get wireless. I can't click on the wireless, can't reboot, shutdown etc. If I put it to sleep again it will freeze for good and I have to do a hard reboot. The wireless never does show up when I try to click it. It will just show the hover over glow and nothing more.

Has anyone had this? Luckily I'm sure its just a software bug they have to fix up but I hope they get to it soon since it sucks to have to reboot the whole machine by force reboot.

bosamar

Tell us about the wifi you are trying to connect to. What else of yours is connected to it?

Russ

Has anyone had this?

Brian --

I'll leave more helpful comments from the more technically knowledgeable among us, but I have also had "mine" since Saturday and have not experienced this problem, although I have gone through numerous Sleep/Wake cycles. My wireless is a Cisco RE1000, repeating the signal from a Cisco EA4500 router. Don't know if that matters, but it's just FYI.

Regards,
Russ

OP
B

brianmay27

Hmm, never thought it to be the wireless access point, I have a b/g sonicwall running as the firewall/access point. I don't believe the wireless access point to be the problem as I have had this problem at my college campus. I'm not even sure if it is the wireless, I say it is because its the first thing I check after resuming. Can't say I have this problem with other computers. If no one else has experienced this problem I guess I'll have to keep my eye on it. Worth looking at the error log too. I'll post back if I find anything else

OP
B

brianmay27

Ahh well upon resuming I get a Bluetooth error
"the local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner...the driver will be unloaded" Does the Bluetooth driver get shared with the wireless as they are on the same chipset?

bosamar

I'd try the different encryptions, i.e. WPA/WEP etc. Depending on the actual router some can be touchy.

J515OP

Super Moderator
No idea about your problem it seems strange. Haven't heard others having it yet either.

As for the FM I am sure some Windows enthusiasts can easily enable it ;)