What's new

Wireless Keyboard Adapter

jefhart

Hi, daniielrp,

I got mine from BestBuy.com for $89.99 It was not available from the Microsoft Store, or Amazon. I was surprised to get the shipment from BestBuy in only 2 days.

I ordered one yesterday from bestbuy.com for $59.99. Did you get express shipping or something? What does the port on the side of the device plug into? Do I need to buy some sort of cord to use this w/ my SP2?

jefhart

I just received this today from Best Buy. Do any of you guys know how to turn the sound off? I notice when I left click on the trackpad either the type cover or the wireless adapter is making a "click" noise. I already turned the sound off for the cover when it is connected directly to my SP2.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I just received this today from Best Buy. Do any of you guys know how to turn the sound off? I notice when I left click on the trackpad either the type cover or the wireless adapter is making a "click" noise. I already turned the sound off for the cover when it is connected directly to my SP2.

Obviously, this should not be happening. The sound should only be for the "touch" keyboard.

It could be that you are running Windows 8.1 (upgraded from 8), and are missing some updates which should be applied. In this case, you may need to to "refresh" your Windows install. Bad news: Takes about 40 minutes total. Good news: Your Surface should be faster, and, of course, fix this sound problem.

Refresh or reset Microsoft Surface RT or Surface 2 | Surface factory settings

jefhart

The surface isn't making the noises, they are actually coming from the adapter. Unfortunately doing a refresh isn't exactly easy; I have many programs installed that require un-registering and re-registering. I guess I'll wait and see if anyone else has this issue. Yours doesn't make noise? Thanks for the response though.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
jefhart,

My Wireless Keyboard Adapter only makes a faint clicking sound when connected to the Touch Cover (the membrane), not the Type Cover.

(edited previous claim that my adapter does not make a sound)

Last edited:

jefhart

It isn't very loud so it's not that annoying but still, I'd like to turn it off. I think there must be a speaker either inside the mini usb port or under the plastic part near the middle. If your unit is defective I wouldn't return it unless you really like to hear clicky noises ;)

rikisyo

You must be using the Touch Cover. Am I correct?

It seems that the adapter only produce the clicking sound for Touch Cover, but not the Type Cover.

It isn't very loud so it's not that annoying but still, I'd like to turn it off. I think there must be a speaker either inside the mini usb port or under the plastic part near the middle. If your unit is defective I wouldn't return it unless you really like to hear clicky noises ;)

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Yes! Just connected my Touch Cover (the membrane) to the Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Adapter. I can hear the faint clicking sound.
I travel with both, a Touch Cover and a Type Cover. No sound when connected to the Type Cover.

I like this feature.