Wireless login sync!

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface General Discussion' started by Twisticles, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Twisticles

Twisticles New Member

So I went to visit friends yesterday with my Surface for the first time. I had previously been there with my W8 laptop and logged onto their wifi.

So I opened up the Surface...to find that it was already connected to their wifi! Login details synced between my devices - that is a very cool feature.

Does this work for Windows Phone 8 devices also?

I love the integration between my surface/laptop/desktop and the docs/music/images/video sync making everything available via skydrive.
    I notice in IE10 that my "most visited" sites are in front of me on any device, irrespective of where I browsed them - wish it would simply open up a browser with all the tabs that are already open on my other PCs though...

2. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator

My Device:
    RT
    Wow, I haven't heard of that wifi feature. That is super cool!

There may be a setting you can change to adjust that. Not sure about IE but that is how it works in Chrome.

3. Twisticles

Twisticles New Member

Its a system setting for networks, not a browser setting in IE.

Under PC Settings > Sync Your Settings > Passwords it says "Sign-in info for some apps, websites, networks and homegroups". So I guess that is where it is stored. Hope it works the same with WP8, coz if you log in with phone then surface will automagically follow :D