What's new

Woo Hoo. Stickerboy skins for the Surface Pro 3 (now Surface Pro 4)

Stereloab

So fabulous:

bCkbUgimVnxMNV8SSJYOp57iBXGg1lXStQ_fRJzPdvYY=w1100-h619-no

Highly recommended. I'm very familiar with the 3M wrapping product Stickerboy uses. It's easy to work with, virtually indestructible, can stretch and compress, and can be re-applied a number of times without loss of adhesion.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I have four different Stickerboy motifs for the Surface Pro 3, as part of supporting others as an amateur IT guy. Showing them in this post. After all, a $2,000 machine might need a little protection to stay looking like $2,000.

I chose the Black Ostrich, due to its texture, grip, and nice blend with the grey Surface Pro 3.

If I need replacement protection, I can choose from the others.

sb photo 1.JPG

sb photo 2.JPG

photo 4.JPG

sb photo 4.JPG

sb photo 3.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 2.JPG

Last edited:
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Open response to PM: I am not using the front cover (the bezel for the glass) because I find it uncomfortable when sliding my finger or pen. But I did use this part of the skin on my Surface Pro 2, and it does look nice.

be77solo

I know that nobody complains about this issue, but I can't get past my gut that says a wrapped SP has to run a little hotter than a non wrapped SP...

They look great, that's just the single reason, as silly as it seems, I've yet to order one.

ipaq_101

I know that nobody complains about this issue, but I can't get past my gut that says a wrapped SP has to run a little hotter than a non wrapped SP...

They look great, that's just the single reason, as silly as it seems, I've yet to order one.

I had my sp3 a few weeks before I used my skins, no issues after the skins with heat, it still gets just as hot before or after.

ipaq_101

I have four different Stickerboy motifs for the Surface Pro 3, as part of supporting others as an amateur IT guy. Showing them in this post. After all, a $2,000 machine might need a little protection to stay looking like $2,000.

I chose the Black Ostrich, due to its texture, grip, and nice blend with the grey Surface Pro 3.

It's your money, but do you really need $200 worth of skins? They aren't cheap, but please send a set my way if you want, lol.

Zog1971

View attachment 2734

View attachment 2735

View attachment 2732

View attachment 2737

View attachment 2736

View attachment 2729

View attachment 2733

View attachment 2731

View attachment 2730

Thanks so much for posting this! I have been on the fence on getting the black ostrich or the black leather Combo2 for my SP3. I think you may have just sold me on the ostrich. Pics of the black leather seem to always show finger grease/oils and smudges. Do you feel that the black ostrich shows any finger prints or smudges? Thanks, again. Looks sharp! :)

Zog1971

Black leather. Looks like an ultra thin case. :) I love me some skin!

Btw I bought a combo 1, but decided not to put on the front sticker.

Thanks for posting. I have been on the fence about getting this one or the black ostrich. I've noticed in this and other pics I've seen of the black leather that it seems to show smudges and finger oils. Do you find that to be true? I REALLY love this look! :) Thanks for your help.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The Black Ostrich shows no grease spots or smudges.
As for heat, it ADDS surface area, dissipating heat more efficiently. I say that, because my Surface is a bit cooler to the touch with the skin on. No, really.

This review of Stickerboy on a Surface Pro (TabletPC) also mentions that it does not add heat or cause RF interference.

be77solo

The Black Ostrich shows no grease spots or smudges.
As for heat, it ADDS surface area, dissipating heat more efficiently. I say that, because my Surface is a bit cooler to the touch with the skin on. No, really.

This review of Stickerboy on a Surface Pro (TabletPC) also mentions that it does not add heat or cause RF interference.
Or, the skins trap the heat like an insulation blanket below the surface and that's why it feels cooler to the touch.

That review above references the SP2 chassis which has much more thermal headroom to begin with.

I see the metal chassis as a heat sink.... and, while it may not matter much, I keep my heat sinks clean and free of dust or stickers.

Like I said, if it even matters at all its probably not by much and would only be during heavy usage... but, its enough to keep skins off mine.

That ostrich does look cool though!