What's new

Worksheets

footballer96

So I want I want to use my surface for college and when I am handed a worksheet I would like to take a picture of it and make it into a file on Onenote. While the Surface Pro 3 is gifted with a strong camera, it could certainly be better. The topic to discuss is, what is the best way to go about this? I know that it would be more ideal to just grab the worksheet a professor hands you off a website. I thought I heard something about an app built JUST for this. Nevertheless, I need advice. Does anyone have any?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Smartphone for picture. Then if you have OneNote on that phone you can import it, or if you have OneDriv on that phone, it could already be synced to your Surface.

malberttoo

So I want I want to use my surface for college and when I am handed a worksheet I would like to take a picture of it and make it into a file on Onenote. While the Surface Pro 3 is gifted with a strong camera, it could certainly be better. The topic to discuss is, what is the best way to go about this? I know that it would be more ideal to just grab the worksheet a professor hands you off a website. I thought I heard something about an app built JUST for this. Nevertheless, I need advice. Does anyone have any?

Office Lens : )

http://blogs.office.com/2015/04/02/office-lens-comes-to-iphone-and-android/

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unless you intend to verify the accuracy of every number I'd download the worksheet. While it sounds cool, a single mistake in converting could be a difference maker.

BillJ

I'll put in another vote for Office Lens; I use this almost every day with my Lumia Icon, and this app is faster and just as reliable as using a separate scanner. Remarkable technology!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I must not be understanding something. A picture of a worksheet will merely show results, not how to obtain (code for) them. Better to download.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I must not be understanding something. A picture of a worksheet will merely show results, not how to obtain (code for) them. Better to download.
I thought about that but if you're handed a worksheet i.e paper you're just getting the dataset and the formulas are your assignment. IDK unless these are minimal there's a learning experience in typing them as well :) although largely lost on todays world.

I'm suddenly reminded of a song...

In the year 2525, if man is still alive
If woman can survive, they may find
In the year 3535

Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lie
Everything you think, do and say
Is in the pill you took today

In the year 4545
You ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
You won't find a thing to chew
Nobody's gonna look at you

In the year 5555
Your arms hangin' limp at your sides
Your legs got nothin' to do
Some machine's doin' that for you

umm, they probably never heard of that either :D

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
For those who don't know yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Year_2525
"In the Year 2525 (Exordium et Terminus)" The beginning and the end or another meaning?

In the year 2525 is a 1969 hit song by the American pop-rock duo of Zager and Evans. It reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 for six weeks commencing July 12, 1969. It peaked at number one in the UK Singles Chart for three weeks in August and September that year. The song was written and composed by Rick Evans in 1964 and originally released on a small regional record label (Truth Records) in 1968.

The song describes a nightmarish vision of the future as man's technological inventions gradually dehumanize him. The overriding theme, of a world doomed by its passive acquiescence to and overdependence on its own overdone technologies...

The vision gets more and more accurate... go ahead and 'photo import' that worksheet :D LOL

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I will put a 3rd vote for Office Lens and OneNote Integration (it also converts to Word and/or PowerPoint)