What's new

Xbox controller

OP
R

R0bR

Problem solved. For some reason my black controller didn't want to sync with the receiver, when I tried my white controller it connected right away. Was playing Donkey Kong Country on the SNES emulator a few mins later with no issues.

OP
R

R0bR

Sure...

controller.jpg

ArnoldC

Thanks for the photos! Jut imagine I'm thinking of the receiver sized like a USB stick. :) Now I know! Appreciate it.

Hstakz

Guys guys guys...The only legitimate xbox 360 wireless receivers from Microsoft are the one's bundled with a wireless controller for windows (which can also be used on xbox) from Microsoft or a authorized reteller.
If you are having issues outside of installing drivers for it, then it will be the hardware.

OP
R

R0bR

Thanks for the photos! Jut imagine I'm thinking of the receiver sized like a USB stick. :) Now I know! Appreciate it.

I know a bit disappointing that Microsoft didn't just build the receiver into the Surface. If this gains popularity with Surface owners maybe someone will come out with a small USB receiver like the ones you get with Logitech mice.

Sin

I've been thinking about opening up the wireless adaptor I just bought to see if I could fit it into a smaller package. I would expect it to have to be as big as it is. Even a full thumb drive size would be reasonable.

Hstakz

Very smart thinking sin!
But bear in mind that the receiver uses a wireless antenna to access data from the controller which is bigger than a mini receiver but might be the size of a thumb drive without the wire?

Sin

Very smart thinking sin!
But bear in mind that the receiver uses a wireless antenna to access data from the controller which is bigger than a mini receiver but might be the size of a thumb drive without the wire?
I assume there is a reason for the ridiculous size. Just want to know if there is anyway to make it smaller, since that was not a concern for the original function.

J515OP

Super Moderator
I assume there is a reason for the ridiculous size. Just want to know if there is anyway to make it smaller, since that was not a concern for the original function.

I assume the size is dictated by cost. No reason to be that big except the parts are cheaper or assembly was cheaper. I am sure hardware guys could easily rig up a thumb drive sized solution and there is probably no reason it couldn't be a tiny receiver like for keyboards and mice. Logitech debuts USB Unifying Receiver

logitech_wireless_dongles_aug09.jpg