Yearly refresh cycle?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface General Discussion' started by fosking, Jun 23, 2012.

1. fosking

fosking Member

What's everyones thoughts on this?

I think the Surface 8 will really force people to make a decision between both it and iPad, which is fantastic as a consumer as it forces both companies to keep innovating and pushing the envelope.
    We know Apple refreshes each year with tweaks, faster processors etc and I was wondering if people think refreshes will happen yearly and if so would will you be updating?

2. Ollie

Ollie New Member

Once a year is great for those that can afford it as long as the support continues for outdated devices. Not everyone can keep up with the Jones'.

3. MOFO

MOFO Member

Let the first version come out first and then worry about the refresh:tongue:

4. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator

My Device:
    RT
    MOFO makes a good point. Plus only Apple makes iPad which is unique. There will be many Windows 8/RT tablets by various OEMs. So the refresh cycle will be sort of irrelevant hardware wise. Probably similar to Android in that respect. I don't see Widows refreshing that frequently. Likely it will just be the steady stream of Windows updates with their typical Windows life cycle.

5. JobsiteFish

JobsiteFish Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    I only hope they concentrate on providing good support. Once a year update seems reasonable and pretty standard these days. I probably won't be updating that fast though.