What's new

Yellow cloud at the display

Gainiac

Hey guys,
got my Surface Pro 2 very cheap in a used condition this week. Unfortunately, there is a yellox cloudy part on the left side of the display when I open an app/website/... with a white background. Luckily I have 1,5 years warranty left. So I want to know if somebody got the same or a similar problem and how Microsoft reacted to it. I heard something about a direct exchange of the surface where you can get a new device at first and then you have 14 days to send your old one back.
Thanks in advance for your responses.

GoodBytes

That is not normal. The LCD panel is faulty.
What is normal is a bit of white (tinted blue or yellow) on full black screen at corners or 1 corner (or whole bottom, or top, or sides if you are on a TN panel). That is called back light bleeding, something normal in consumer grade monitors.

GoodBytes

Yea. If it shows on WHITE, that means it is some sever one.
Return it or if it's under warranty contact Microsoft (you might be lucky and end up with a Surface Pro 3).

OP
Gainiac

Gainiac

A little update here. I wrote again with the Microsoft Support. It was the same lady like the first time and she apologized for the delay of my exchange. But then, she had a very news for me. I will get a Surface Pro 3 with a Type Cover in exchange for my SP2, since there aren't any SP2 for exchange anymore!