Yellow line on the right edge

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro' started by Ashanen, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Ashanen

Ashanen New Member

Hey

I bought my surface pro from Second hand (from Canada) and it has a yellow line on the right side of the device. I am from Poland and i cant buy surface in my country, but there is actually a ms store in Poland. So there is my question. Can I send it to polish shop? Or should I Drive to Deutschland and give it back there? Another question, can I pay more and replace that surface pro with yellow line for surface pro 2?

Thx for Help,
    Ashanen

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  2. drolem

drolem Active Member

I think the LCD is defective on that unit for one reason or another. Not sure about the warranty policy, but you could have issues because you're not the original owner. I wouldn't even try a Polish MS store if it's not sold there -- go to Germany and try to get an exchange there. If you can get the receipt from the original owner that could be very helpful.

3. Ashanen

Ashanen New Member

I have a question. Do You get a name recipe or do You confirm by your name/signature buying a surface pro ? Because I have visited ms webside, and I just registered my surface, and now it's on my MS online account.
    THX!

4. gangolfus

gangolfus Member

5. kayzee

kayzee Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro
    If you've registered it that should be all you need to do (as long as it's still under warranty) can you not arrange a replacement on the same website? That's how I did mine.

6. Ashanen

Ashanen New Member

@Kayzee

Can u Help me How to manage that replacement? I cant find It on this website :( and I am not sure if they can send It to me, because i am form Poland, and here u cant buy a surface. But I think possitive and they should somehow make It. Do You think the same? The last question is that i have heard that It is possible to replace surface pro for surface pro 2. Can It be?

All the best in the new year!

7. kayzee

kayzee Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro
    I doubt they'd let you trade up your Surface Pro for a Surface Pro 2... when I traded in my broken iPhone with Apple they wouldn't even give me a different colour as a replacement! If you want to go that route, I think eBay is going to be best.

http://myservice.surface.com is the website I used for my exchange. Let me know how it goes.

8. gangolfus

gangolfus Member

I was able to apply for a warranty replacement at that site for this issue. It took a bunch of clicking around, but I finally got there. My new Surface arrived Friday so I am just making sure I have everything moved over and in working order before I wipe and ship the old one back. They are still shipping without 8.1 on them, which seems silly to me, so it took a little while to get everything up-to-date. So far the new one appears to be working great!

9. kayzee

kayzee Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro
    I think original Surface Pro's will always come with Windows 8.