What's new

Poll Yellow streak poll (Model + Lot #)

Does your SP3 have the dreaded yellow streak?

• Total voters

gdir

I see the yellow stripe on markusbeutel's image, too. For me it's super obvious. I wouldn't buy that SP3.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Super obvious....lol.

Not sure why that is funny? Ok, EXTREMELY obvious, as in, you'd have to be color blind not to see it obvious. It literally looks like he drew on his screen with a yellow highlighter. :)

P.S., His is way worse than mine.

Len J

Not sure why that is funny? Ok, EXTREMELY obvious, as in, you'd have to be color blind not to see it obvious. It literally looks like he drew on his screen with a yellow highlighter. :)

P.S., His is way worse than mine.

If that's way worse you are all fine.....

And no, I'm not color blind.

But if it bothers you, exchange it.

Len

phositadc

Starting to get some serious light bleed in top right corner. This just appeared today. Beginning to think this is a glue issue.

20140830_225626.jpg

Dang that's very noticeable. Keep us posted.

I would hope MS would fix something like that under warranty even if your 30 day return period was expired.

Zog1971

It's getting worse on mine. Found it on a multiple display copies at Future Shop. Pretty horrid. Gotta think there's gonna be a recall when MS catches wind of this.View attachment 3457
Thanks for posting this as a frame of reference. I have a i7, 256 and can say that only on white screens can I barely see the faintest strip of yellow highlight. I wouldn't have noticed it at all I don't think if I hadn't read about it and went looking........so, ya, thanks for that all. :) I think that there are probably many people who do indeed have it, but aren't noticing it. I will say that yours is MUCH more apparent than mine, at least for now. The fact that you note that yours has worsened over time is a bit alarming so will keep my eyes open for that. At this point I honestly think I will forget about it unless it starts to get worse. Since I have opted for the MicrosoftComplete coverage, this may go on the list of reasons for a replacement down the line. Thanks again for the pic.

Your pic doesn't appear to show any problem.... Even zoomed in on a large HD monitor.

This is why I don't think we can trust the results of this poll. I personally have seen this issue on every SP3 I've had (3) and seen at my local MS Store. Others can look at your pic and say they don't see anything, and others didn't even notice they had the streak until they read about it on this forum.

While my 3rd and current SP3 (i7, 256GB) has this issue, it is less visible than my previous 2 and my screen and SP3 are otherwise perfect. No dead pixels, no overheating or excessive fan, screen is otherwise great and the streak is dim enough that I sometimes completely forget it's there until I look for it. It definitely hasn't gotten worse and last night I looked for it, and could barely see it, it's possible it's either gotten better or just the conditions in my room at the time made it tougher to see.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I can live with the yellow strip because I just put my taskbar over it, but it concerns me when the time comes to sell this for the SP4. Will potential buyers notice? Would I need to put, "excellent condition except for a big yellow stripe," in my ad?

The increasing light bleed at the top right is actually more troublesome. That thing's a damned supernova.

Anything happening in the top right of the machine...correlation doesn't imply causation and all that, but that IS where the machine gets the hottest under load...