What's new

1.1 billions revenue this quarter! surface pro 3 rocks!

ctitanic

But I don't know how many times I read articles recommending Microsoft to drop the Surface. No Just articles, even comments from some other companies' CEO.

benjitek

It'll be interesting to see what of that revenue is actually profit. Could help offset their record-setting losses to date for the Surface product line.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think those estimates are low, and don't represent the kind of increase Id expect for the quarter.

SeeVuPlay

It really is catching on....the more people i show mine to, the more they are aware and thinking about getting one. Where as before.....they were apple only

benjitek

...the more people i show mine to, the more they are aware and thinking about getting one. Where as before.....they were apple only
Must be your region or something -- I've shown it to Apple users, they think it's neat, but wouldn't in a million years think of switching. Best tool for the job I guess...

SeeVuPlay

Must be your region or something -- I've shown it to Apple users, they think it's neat, but wouldn't in a million years think of switching. Best tool for the job I guess...

Well, the Ipad and Mac are growing in popularity every year, don't think that will change. Microsoft still has a lot of work to do to stay ahead in the "Surface Class" space. If they don't keep improving and getting more features, there will be a time when Apple will finally release something similar, and whether it is better or not, the Surface line will get swept up in the I-Surface tidal wave.

That may be a long way off, or it could be an upcoming Apple announcement...but I do think there is a lot more positive conversation around the Surface (pro 3) than ever before and continually becoming more impressive to others who see and try the device. This despite the onslaught of articles to take it down at the beginning (The Verge "who is this for???" type articles, and "compromises everywhere"), The surface was always going uphill. Maybe it hasnt gotten to the top of the hill, but it's close.

dleuen

Indeed good news for Microsoft. And it follows my personal relatively frequent sightings of SP3 in coffee shops, cafeterias or other public places where people tend to use electronic devices. I don't think I ever saw a SP1 or 2 anywhere.