What's new

10/26 firmware inbound

Zog1971

Hello all. Firmware update installed without a hitch but have no idea what it changed. Have been googling and looking on MS support and can't find anything that tells what today's update actually does. Please post when you see somewhere that tells us and I will do the same!

Kif

Huh? That article you linked to is about Wifi Assist feature on Apple's iPhone.

Actually it's more about wifi issues in general with a focus is on Apple devices. Surface has gotten beaten up for wifi issues. Especially the Marvel chipset. This article highlights some of the greater issues.

GoGoDelicious

From Microsoft
October 2015 updates
The following update will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 10/26/2015” when you view your update history.
Note
When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update then please manually check Windows Update later.
  • Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v3.9.750.0) adds support for Microsoft Surface Dock on Surface Pro 3.
  • Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Type Cover drivers set update adds support for the Surface Pro 4 Type Cover on Surface Pro 3.
    • Surface Type Cover Filter Device driver (v.1.1.360.0)
    • Surface Fingerprint Sensor driver (v2.2.10.4)
    • Surface Type Cover Integration driver (v1.1.362.0)
    • Surface Pro 4 Type Cover Integration driver (v1.1.359.0)
    • Surface PTP Filter driver (v1.0.33.1)
    • Surface Accessory Firmware update driver (v1.1.382.0)
    • Surface Keyboard Backlight driver (1.1.365.0)
Here is the URL to the MS link - Microsoft Surface Pro 3 update history | Surface firmware updates

ScottyS

My SP3 Type cover had stopped working a week or so ago. Haven't been trying it recently (use USB wireless KB & mouse at home all weekend and used it as tablet the last few days last week) but tested it after I saw @GoGoDelicious's post that this firmware had drivers for SP4 Type Cover I tried it. My keyboard's fixed!