What's new

10% student discounts on preorder

Saul

As far as the later non-US ship date. Nothing stops you from having a US drop-ship location and ordering. Although being in the US I've never used those. Obviously costs/customs/etc, but hey. Live the American dream! Want it now! Lol

Not an option, adds a ridiculous amount of extra cost using a: (1) mail-forwarding & (2) purchasing service...
We're forced to use purchasing services because the US site doesn't let non-US citizens order via it (will look at your IP & place a pre-order for the country you're in).
Apparently it's possible to get a sales agent to do the purchase on your behalf over the ph*, that knocks-off the purchasing service cost.
But it's all still a major PIA, & there's many other unanswered Qns, just simpler if we got the same release date, as we do with Apple.

*another approach is to use a web-proxy & trick the site into thinking you're in the US, assuming that works there's still no way to avoid a mail-forward service (unless you have a trustworthy friend/relative in the US)

Last edited:

tuchas

I am an educator at a university, but I never use my .edu address. It did ask me what school I'm at and it was on the list. When I ordered, the 10% discount went through. Still says in process and "ship it", so what can they do? I seriously doubt they will cancel my order, but if worst comes to worst I'll give them my .edu address.