What's new

128 GB Drive - brand?

B

BChat

I ordered a SPro3 i5-128GB and was wondering if anybody knows what brand the SSD might be.

Also - it is possible to change the drives?

OP
B

BChat

figured "NO WAY TILL U GET IT" might come into play here. Samsung is fine with me - have 4 Sammies in my desktop - thanks for the quick reply - awaiting Pro3's arrival.

Probably a good thing they are not replaceable, things usually work better and last longer if I leave them alone...:rolleyes:

OP
B

BChat

Thanks - hope mine is too - it should be here Tuesday.
Have a bluetooth mouse so I don't tie up the USB port, a type cover 2, and an external USB 3.0 docking station for added storage and backups - let the fun begin.

It should have Windows 8.1, which I'm pretty sure will be eligible for free upgrade to Windows 10.
Been using Windows 10 Preview for months now and very happy with it - will update the Pro3 when 10 is released for sure.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Both of the SSDs used in Surface Pro 3s are excellent so don't be disappointed if its the other brand, the fun-ness will be just as scrumptiously joyous. :)

OP
B

BChat

I won't be, just my curious nature.
Reading through the specs I found:

"Mini DisplayPort 1.2 Share what’s on your Surface Pro 3 by connecting it to an HDTV, monitor, or projector (video adapters sold separately). See Connect to a TV, monitor, or projector for more info."

Just happen to have a 46" SONY hanging around.....I may do a "B&E" on the UPS place today.......

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I won't be, just my curious nature.
Reading through the specs I found:

"Mini DisplayPort 1.2 Share what’s on your Surface Pro 3 by connecting it to an HDTV, monitor, or projector (video adapters sold separately). See Connect to a TV, monitor, or projector for more info."

Just happen to have a 46" SONY hanging around.....I may do a "B&E" on the UPS place today.......
Uh oh, I hope you have success with that... I think projection to Sony TVs has met with some incompatibilities IF I'm not mistaken. "B&E" - I know nothing :)

OP
B

BChat

I'll start with the 23" Samsung monitor and work my way up...:)

I'll probably do neither...want the Pro3 for portabililty

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll start with the 23" Samsung monitor and work my way up...:)

I'll probably do neither...want the Pro3 for portabililty
Update your TVs firmware and generally it either works or it doesn't... meaning, it might try then fail if so your in the same boat as many who have pulled their hair trying to make it work and can't.

If your run into trouble the sad but easy fix is to use one of the available for reasonable price Miracast Adapters. I use the Netgear PTV3000, MS makes one and the Actiontec ScreenBeam Pro is popular.

OP
B

BChat

As we all know....not everything works with everything...I doubt I'll use the SONY, maybe the Samsung 55"....
:D

Almost time for "Operation B&E"...sssssh...mum is the word

ETA - bookmarked the adapters...just in case.

olimjj

From the look of your avatar you seem more than capable of handling any problem that might arise. It is obvious that you are not going to act without giving it some serious thought. :)Furthermore the forum members here will make every effort to make your experience with your new SP3 a positive one. Welcome to the forum.