What's new

128 GB Surface Pro Memory Problems

Tastykilljoy

I am trying to play Diablo 3 on the 128 GB surface pro 2, but I keep getting low on memory errors. Performance isn't good either with lots of stuttering and hiccups. When checking task manager it says it is only using about 600MB RAM... I also lowered settings with no improvement. Could the RAM be bad or is this expected performance level?

TheJokker

You may need to change some of the graphic settings. I haven't tried to run it on mine yet but I expect to have to run medium settings. I've heard reports that Diablo 3 is do-able.

thejokker#1909

D

Deleted member 10837

A game uses both video memory and system memory.

OP
T

Tastykilljoy

Let me know if u get diablo 3 to run on the 128 gb 4 gb RAM and on what settings. I ran the memory diagnostic tool with no errors but I am not sure if that is checking ram or hard disk. No idea how to check a gpu for functionality.

demandarin

Something is up. Pro2 should handle that no issue as I've seen videos of pro1 pushing it with no issue. Are you playing in high performance power mode? Did you clear all apps running in task manager?

OP
T

Tastykilljoy

Its playing better on a more stable internet connection but when I go back to the desktop there is still a low memory error asking me to close programs. Anyone get this on a 4gb ram surface?

OP
T

Tastykilljoy

Not sure what you mean by high performance.... all settings are low. There is nothing running in task manager... but I noticed with 400mb of physical memory reserved it says I have consumed 30%....that would indicate it is only seeing 2MB ram?

Can someone with a 128 GB pro tell me how much of the physical memory is used with nothing open?

20131025_073327.jpg20131025_074536.jpg

Last edited:

ALLCAPS

I get that too, and mine is the 256gb/8gb ram model. I also get it on my desktop sometimes, which has 16gb of memory, since upgrading to 8.1. I think it's just 8.1 being overprotective. I just hit cancel and keep on.

squadz

Something is up. Pro2 should handle that no issue as I've seen videos of pro1 pushing it with no issue. Are you playing in high performance power mode? Did you clear all apps running in task manager?

This.

Change your power options to high performance from balanced/power saver.

No issues on my end.

Telstar1948

Let me know if u get diablo 3 to run on the 128 gb 4 gb RAM and on what settings. I ran the memory diagnostic tool with no errors but I am not sure if that is checking ram or hard disk. No idea how to check a gpu for functionality.

I just read a thread a day or two ago of someone using his SP2 to run Diablo 3 and his ran flawlessly I believe he said. The thread was something about gaming on the SP2. You might want to find his tread…maybe he can help.

OP
T

Tastykilljoy

That was a 256 8gb....not sure if that compares exactly. Turned on high performance and still got the error...kinda irritating. Anyone able to tell me if their physical memory shows the same with nothing open per my pics. 128 4 gb version.