What's new

2 external Monitors, Surface and Monitor 1 duplicated

tpk

Hi,
I have the surface 3 with docking station and two external monitors (connected with mini display port - dvi cables). I manage to have 3 independent monitors (including the surface), but I'd prefer to have two duplicated monitors (the surface and monitor 1) and then extend to monitor 2. In that way I could use the touch srceen of the surface as a "second mouse". Is there a way to achieve this?

Hootie

Hi all, first time post. I have a surface 3 and want to use two separate monitors. Can you explain specifically how I can do this. In deed, tpk how did you achieve this?

Hootie

In between Microsoft has its own hardware - seems they saw that it is needed by many people
https://www.microsoft.com/de-at/store/d/microsoft-surface-dock/

I still do use the one I bought with mine in 2014 and I am still happy with ist.

i-tec USB 3.0 Dual Display Adapter Advance 1x HDMI 1x DVI + 1x VGA Adapter Full HD+ 2048x1152 px Externe Monitor Grafikkarte

You can get it used and quite cheap now. i-tec USB 3.0 Dual Display Adapter Advance

Thanks for the reply. I will give this unit a try and let you know if it works for my surface 3