What's new

256 GB EVO microSDXC Card - Excellent Performance

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I am using the SAMSUNG 256 GB cards in both Surface Book computers with excellent results.

I have become accustomed to knowing when my Surface Book 1TB with Performance Base and Surface Book 512GB are writing backup files, by watching the process in Task Manager after doing large graphics projects.

These cards carry a claim to speed of up to 95 MB/s read, and 90 MB/s write. I believe I am obtaining close to that.

Previously, my Sandisk 200GB cards carried a claim to speed of up to 80 MB/s read, and no clear claims about write speed.

It seems that these new SAMSUNG microSDXC EVO Select 256 GB cards are not just faster, but the Surface Book seems to make good use of the architecture of them. A welcome improvement.

I use the BaseQi iSDA 350A abbreviated adapter for my Surface Book, which keeps the card flush with the outside edge of the Surface.

The cost was $170 each. Expensive, but safeguarding my data. Previous SDXC cards will be used for music media and photography.

image1.JPG

BaseQi_with_256.jpg

BaseQi_for_Surface_Book.jpg

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
No, I haven't used my card in a camera, but I have used it with my MacBook, my Raymarine E25 navigation system, and with my HP Envy 100 printer. Works great in all.